Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Let it end

I have to say that I am not entirely enamoured with the whole decorating thing. On Christmas Eve as I stood there roller in hand trying to expunge all memory of the pink paint a little voice in my head said “you will *never* get this time back”. Aren’t there people that a) enjoy decorating and b) can be paid to do it? I have nearly finished though and do feel a certain sense of satisfaction at what I have achieved, but as it has occupied pretty much all my time over the last few days bar some respite on Christmas Day (although there was still *four* hours of painting that day *shakes head in despair*), it isn’t exactly my idea of a good time. Today there is one small bit of wall left to do and the wardrobe doors (11 of them!!) need to be finished, although some of them are pretty much done.

While I was painting I did get to catch up on some news from the last week, as there were some newspapers that were distributed around the room. Whilst a lot of the time I wasn’t thinking about anything very much at all, sometimes I would just suddenly think “Lembit Opik and a Cheeky Girl?? How is that possible???" (for those who don’t know who they are, Lembit Opik is a Member of Parliament and the Cheeky Girls are a somewhat dubious female pop group). Admittedly Lembit Opik is completely insane, which probably ideally qualifies him for Parliament, but it is still a totally bizarre story - and poor old Sian Lloyd. I bet she didn’t have a great Christmas. I know this is kind of old news now but it’s been rattling around in my head.

Anyway, it’s time to get on with some more painting. Please let it end soon...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the alternative?
...
PINK WALLS!
...
What a quick worker very impressed

Random Reflections said...

TF - that is actually a very good point. My walls are no longer pink! Woo hoo!!

A bit more to do tomorrow and then hopefully I am done. At last...

Anonymous said...

Random, What are you keeping in this eleven door wardrobe?

Random Reflections said...

I am assure there is nothing being kept in my closet.

I am used to sleeping in a wardrobe so a lot of wardrobe space is an important criteria to me.

It's actually two wardrobes (two doors per wardrobe) and then the rest are storage. It's very exciting.

Cadence said...

You didn't invite me to help. No bacon sarnies !!! I'm crying inside....

Random Reflections said...

You're crying inside?? I'm actually sitting here weeping that I could have got you to paint my room for me.

I'll dash out and buy some bacon right now - there's more left to do...