Saturday, December 23, 2006

In the pink



I think my blogging of late has been somewhat mundane. I think I have lost my sense of humour over the last few weeks. I must try and rectify this. I shall set this as a task over the next few days and see what I can come up with from the dark recesses of my mind. A dangerous place indeed…

Anyway, don’t get too excited that today is going to be that day. I think I have actually been somewhat down over the last couple of weeks about various things and need to get some excitement back into my life. I was talking to a friend from university last night and she’s going to the Lake District for New Year and said I could join her. It would be just south of the Scottish border and as I would only be able to go overnight, sadly I don’t think that is going to be possible. So my thinking cap is on as to what to do at New Year.

Today there will be painting, very deep pink is going to turn to pale yellow if all goes to plan. Hopefully I will get that pretty much done today and without any painting disasters. I can’t say I am exactly an expert on DIY though so it may turn out to be more of a challenge that I hope – and the room is *very* pink.

I’ve also realised that there are no mirrors where I live and I am wondering if this makes me a vampire? I do seem to be more active at night, there has been a lot of fog about, which is handy for carrying out nocturnal activities unseen, I don’t like entering people’s houses without being invited and I do really like a nice bit of black pudding. The evidence is mounting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the white undercoat.....
...
A little joke to make you smile....
....
LET HIM DIG

An old man and woman were married for many years, even though,they hated each other. When they had a confrontation, screaming and yelling could be heard deep into the night The old man would shout, "When I die, I will dig my way up and out of the grave and come back and haunt you for the rest of your life!"
..
Neighbors feared him. They believed he practiced black magic, because of the many strange occurrences that took place in their neighborhood. The old man liked the fact that he was feared. To everyone's relief, he died of a heart attack when he was 98
..
His wife had a closed casket at the wake. After the burial, she went straight to the local bar and began to party, as if there was no tomorrow.
..
Her neighbors, concerned for her safety, asked, "Aren't you afraid that he may indeed be able to dig his way up and out of the grave and come back to haunt you for the rest of your life?"
The wife put down her drink and said, "Let him dig. I had him buried upside down......"
..
My kinda woman.

Have a Good Christmas
TFx

Random Reflections said...

I think I obviously need your expertise for my decorating. Get your paintbrush!

Thanks for the joke, there's always a solution to life's problems!

I hope you have a good Christmas too.