Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Almost there

I am nearly there with the decorating – all the doors, door frames and skirting boards are painted and I have to say that it look really good! I fixed a problem with the bathroom door which meant that the paint kept getting scraped off when it was closed and tightened the hinges on another door, so my DIY skills have had to stretch beyond wielding a paintbrush. I am going to go over a few bits and tidy them up and then I need to remove the masking tape which I am not looking forward to because I know that it will pull the paint off in a few places. Anyway, nearly there, nearly there… And… today the dishwasher is being delivered and installed. This is truly an exciting day!

A few minutes ago a chap came round to reads the meters and I got a very clear view of his very hairy bum as he leaned forward to read the meters. Charming…

So today is a day of finishing things off and tidying and maybe going to the library etc, but generally just feeling very pleased with myself about what I have managed to achieve with my hall. I do still utterly hate decorating though. Yesterday when I went and got my hair cut the woman pointed out to me that I actually had paint in my hair, which I knew and was just pleased that she didn’t think I had gone prematurely grey. Anyway, it will all be over soon and then I can do something more exciting with my leave than painting.

The floods at the moment are astounding. Where I live hasn’t been affected at all, but I guess the lesson is that even if you think that you don’t live near a river or that you’ve never been affected before that if the weather is bad enough you could still end up under several feet of water. (I’m hoping this is not the case as it would ruin the paintwork in my hall!) I feel though that there is maybe more coverage of these floods than the ones that took place in the north of England last month. I have a different perspective on it as I am off work and have had the TV on in the background, but we quite often have the TV on at work and I wasn’t aware of so much emphasis being put on it previously. I know that the floods are more extensive but I wonder if there is a risk that the news companies could be accused of a north-south bias?

Anyway, time to get dressed and get on with some more painting.

No comments: