Monday, July 23, 2007

Relieved

It was a pretty successful weekend. I got all the walls painted and the bathroom door done – which only leaves *five* more doors and the skirting boards to paint. I am just glad there is no door on my kitchen…

Anyway, it’s all looking much better and when the doorframes are done, it should look really good. The chaps turned up at 8am to fit the lino or slightly before that actually. So they had the pleasure of seeing me in little more than a dressing gown. The new lino looks good but they didn’t have their sealant gun with them so they’re going to have to come back later to finish it off. So I think I’m going to go out in a minute to get my hair cut and then I can just be here painting until they’re ready to come and sort out the floor for me. It looks good already and so it will look even better when it’s totally finished.

The thing with someone doing work in your bathroom though is that your toilet is then out of action and I *really* wanted to go to the loo while they were here because I’d drunk a cup of tea and a cup of coffee since I got out of bed. So you end up in that dilemma of what to do: Are they going to finish soon so it’s worth hanging on? Should you ask them to let you use the toilet for a minute? Should you find a suitable alternative receptacle and use that instead? It’s a difficult one… *looks about suspiciously*

So, anyway, moving on… I’m off out for a hair cut and to buy some nappies to wear for when they come back later.

No comments: