Friday, July 13, 2007

One is very amused


Today is likely to be one of those days when I live up to my name of being random. First, what exactly is Prince Charles doing in that picture? I was laughing at it on the train home last night so I had to scan it on to my computer. Is it just me or does he look as though he is admiring more than that woman’s medals??

Yesterday morning I was talking to someone quite important on the phone and about a minute into the conversation I noticed there was a reasonably large spider walking across my desk. This was not the time to stand on my chair and scream like a girl, although I was sorely tempted to do so. Instead I rapidly pushed my chair back from my chair and tried to carry on tracking this spider’s movements whilst at the same time sounding vaguely professional on the phone. After what seemed like hours I finished the conversation and said to the woman I sit next to that there was spider somewhere on her desk at which point she leapt up and announced very loudly that she also can’t stand spiders and then dashed away from her desk. One of my nice male colleagues had a thorough search all around our desks but could not find it anywhere. *gulp* That got the adrenaline going first thing in the morning.

Yesterday I saw that Tintin has been moved to the adult section in some bookshops. Apparently one of the books Tintin in the Congo has some rather racist subject matter in it. Why do I raise this? Because about a month ago I gave someone a copy of that very book. Oops. In my defence I didn’t actually see the book in advance as I bought it via Amazon and it went directly to my friend - although I think I would have been oblivious anyway.

G and I are off to a wedding tomorrow, which I’m not particularly looking forward to, but I guess I get free food, so shouldn’t complain too much. They are friends of G’s who are getting married and I have never met them so we’ll see if I prefer going to the weddings of complete strangers rather than people I actually know. Can you feel my excitement?

No comments: