Monday, July 09, 2007

Growing

It turned out to be a really tiring weekend. I had a nice evening with G on Friday night and things seem to be going ok there. I dropped G off at the station on Saturday morning and on the way there G said to me “You’re really rather growing on me you know”. I have no recollection of what I said in response but then G asked “Am I growing on you too?” and, again, I have absolutely no recollection of what I said in response but it was something reasonably positive (I'm guessing, as we are still speakign to each other...) . I am just always very wary of overstating things though as I don’t want to give anyone the wrong impression, so I usually whole back on saying things unless I know that I can be certain of things – not that you can be certain about *everything* of course.

Anyway, then I went to my parents’ house and picked them up and drive to my sister’s house as my sister had arranged a party for my mum. That all went well and everyone seemed to have a good time. I then drove my parents’ home and stopped off there briefly to look for something. It was only then that I realised I had left my jacket at my sister’s house, which wouldn’t generally have been a problem except that it had my season ticket in the pocket and I need that to get to work. Grr…

My sister was busy until late afternoon yesterday so I spent some time sorting out my garden and mowing the grass and washing piles of clothes etc and then made a two and a half hour round trip to my sister’s house to get my coat and season ticket… It was nice to see my sister again and my nephew was on good form and we spent a bit of time playing in the garden and he is utterly obsessed with Shrek and so he spent a bit of time sitting on my lap watching that – a repeat of the two times we had watched it the previous day. Obsessed I tell you…

No comments: