Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Donkey madness

I think the ceiling is now done and it has to be said that it does look much better. It has gone from a strange off white/ dirty cream colour to brilliant white and is a big improvement. Next the walls... But not tonight, as I am off to a barbecue, so that will be a job for the weekend.

I am definitely on the count down to being on leave and today G booked a place for us to go and stay for a couple of days at the end of next week. I’m really looking forward to that and it looks like a really nice place. I just hope that the weather is slightly better by then. G was a bit concerned that it might be too late to get a room there but it didn’t seem too difficult and I suppose people have fled the country in search of the elusive sunshine. It will be good to go away as it will be a couple of days before my birthday and yesterday G got a new job. Woo hoo! A double celebration.

Whilst you might be aghast at the smoking ban, infuriated at the government seeming to tax every single thing that we do and considering lots of options to make us more environmentally aware, at least you don’t have a donkey (well I assume you don’t, maybe you do...). Anyway, if you live in Kenya then you’d have to be looking into putting a nappy on your donkey. Where you would actually get a donkey sized nappy from is another matter but it seems the plans have been put on hold due to people protesting about the move. One chap said "If we have to put nappies on our donkeys, soon they will say our cows need them too" wise words, wise words. It’s madness I tell you!

No comments: