Friday, July 06, 2007

As time goes by...

Time seems to be flying by – today G and I have been going out for two months. This is particularly apt because today is National Kissing Day. Perhaps we might even exchange our first kiss in honour of the day. I will ensure that we have a chaperone present. I think we will also be having a take away – do you see how the spark goes from a relationship when you’ve been going out for a while? At first it is romantic meals and spending hours getting to know each other better, but after a while it’s a take away and watching Coronation Street.

Mind you, it was looking a bit touch and go yesterday as to whether we might make it to the two month mark – what with me proposing to a colleague. G seemed to take this remarkably well, but that may have had something to do with me proposing to a chap I work with who is in a long term relationship with a bloke. I sent him an e-mail to ask him (I am *so* romantic) and the deal was that basically he could do all the housework, cook me dinner etc and he could bring his dogs with him and I *might* walk them on occasion. He came over to speak to me and knelt down next to me… but after a bit of thought decided that he would have to decline but said that if I asked him again in a few weeks time he might have changed his mind by then.

It’s a busy weekend ahead mainly because my sister has arranged a party for mum and that will take up most of Saturday and then on Sunday I think I might start some decorating (maybe…). Anyway, I don’t think I am seeing G over the weekend after tonight, so I’d better make the most of National Kissing Day…

No comments: