Thursday, July 26, 2007

Success

The dishwasher is fixed! I had a day of frustrating phone calls to John Lewis yesterday and finding that the chap I had spoken to the previous day had done nothing with my call. Anyway eventually I spoke to a chap and he said I could have anew dishwasher to which I replied that I didn’t think I needed a new dishwasher and that the issue was to do with the installation and in the end I convinced him that an engineer was a better (and surely cheaper!) option. He then phoned and engineer and arranged for him to come out today – only he hadn’t asked me if I was available today and as I am off on hols this afternoon it wasn’t all that convenient. He basically said he had done what he could and I’d have to phone them myself if I wanted to fine out the time they were coming or to change it. That then meant more convoluted phone calls and the engineer said I’d have to phone back today to get the exact timings. THEN just before 7 last night John Lewis phoned and said they’d send someone out last night to look at it. Sure enough about an hour or so later the same people turned up as had previously installed it and they had a fiddle about for a few minutes and it was fixed! I then ran it and had beautifully clean dishes. I am *very* happy. It’s the simple things in life…

I was talking to G on the phone during the day yesterday and we were joking about my affair with John Lewis and we were talking about the rivalry between John Lewis and G and I said that g had a problem was because John Lewis was “my other love”. I suddenly realised what I had said and then felt the need to do a bit of back tracking – because by implication it was a declaration about how I felt about G (which incidentally is way more than any sort of declaration I would want to make at this time. It’s way too early for that sort of thing). I ended up sort of apologising but then I thought that it was sort of rude to apologise and it all got a bit complicated. Anyway, we just ended up laughing about it and changed the subject. Aren’t relationships complicated sometimes…

So, today I am off to the south coast until Sunday. We’re staying in what looks like a really nice guest house and even if the weather is a bit ropey I’m sure we’ll have a nice time. We’ve booked lunch at a restaurant in Brighton tomorrow and have a few other bits planned for our time away, but it should be a nice relaxing time away. Be good and play nicely and I’ll see you when I get back. Hopefully I won’t have accidentally proposed or anything while I’m gone *shakes head in despair*

3 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

ah..i hate phone calls..great post

Random Reflections said...

DQ- I certaintly did!

Sir Jorge - Welcome. Yes, I think perhaps I should stop speaking on the phone, it's safer...