Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Brush off



So, I have finally started doing some decorating. Last night I painted my hall ceiling. It took about an hour and a half and reminded me that I hate, hate, hate decorating and I cannot understand why someone would want to do it for a living (although obviously I am glad that they do because then I might be able to employ them to do my decorating in future). It might need another coat tonight but I’m hoping that I did such a fantastic job that it only needs a bit of touching up in a few places. I hate decorating and I still have the walls, doors and woodwork to paint, as well as the separate task of painting my front door *puts head in hands and weeps*

It’s funny though, on the evenings when I engage with something I seem to get more done generally. Not only did I paint the ceiling but I also hoovered and cleaned out the vacuum cleaner and did some washing up and sorted a few other bits as well, whereas other nights I can sit at home and hardly have the energy to get up off the sofa. Everything in moderation though, I say, and I am sure I will spend many an evening making more of a dent in my settee in future.

I have a whole week off next week to do domestic chores, it is looking less and less appealing by the moment. Methinks I need to think for somewhere to go away to for a couple of days next week.

8 comments:

DAB said...

You need to eat some porridge, makes you full of energy!

JaSoN said...

It is quite interesting the types of jobs that people would want and i agree, interior design is an odd job, but it was designed as a job through art, as you gotta have an artisitc view to really understand interior designing. I've learned a lot about that genre from trying to re-model and then doing research. You should check out HGTV 2nd season of Design Star. It shows 11 interior designers doing what it takes to win their own show on the network in the near future. Watching the show gives you a new found appreciation for interior designers. To catch a peek of the show check out the site http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/design_star/ . Tune in July 22nd at 10PM to see the 1st episode of HGTV's 2nd season of Design Star. Who will be the next Ultimate Design Star?

Random Reflections said...

Tf - Far better that you eat the porridge and then do the decorating for me. I like this plan...

Jason - thank you for your enthusiastic advert. Who will be the next Ultimate Design Star indeed. One of life's big questions...

Anonymous said...

We have had a big tub of paint for the sitting room for almost a year now. It is still unopened. That is how much I hate decorating.

DAB said...

Dream on ;-)

Random Reflections said...

LKSN - what's the point of being in a relationship if you can't get your other half doing the decorating. Get your Mrs to do it!

TF - well I shall cross you off the list for the grand opening when I have finished the hall then. I would have made you a cup of tea and everything. Still, too late now...

Anonymous said...

I think she's thinking the same thing.

Random Reflections said...

LKSN - I feel you may have reached stalemate then - you're going to have to up your game and find some way to be the one to make her get out the paintbrush. Your reputation depends on it.