Thursday, July 19, 2007

Water cooler moment

An early start today because I have to go to the airport and hop on a flight. I’m not going anywhere exciting, I’m not even leaving England let alone the UK. I know that probably isn’t very good for my “carbon footprint” but flying is the best option and so it’s off to the airport that I go and then I’m flying back this afternoon.

I was at the supermarket last night and the chap in the queue behind me bought 21 large bars of Dairy Milk chocolate plus some large mars of Milky Bar plus a five pack of Bounties. I really wanted to ask him what he was going to do with all the chocolate, but being a Londoner I resisted the urge. I was there buying some ice cream because I was off to a barbecue and I bought some Tiramisu ice cream and some chocolate ice cream both of which were really nice and we really had the weather for a barbecue yesterday so it was all good.

Someone I work with sometimes has a dog in the office with her. It’s a very young and slightly unruly dog and sometimes you’ll find it sniffing round our desk or wanting a stroke. I was talking to someone at work the other day and she was telling me that the water cooler in the office is out of order and is waiting to be replaced. Apparently the dog kept licking it and trying to drink the water out of it. I think I’ll be drinking tap water from now on.

No comments: