Tuesday, July 31, 2007

An Olympian Achievement



So I have finally made it to the grand old age of 20-12 (I’m still in denial about being over thirty). I don’t actually feel very birthday-ish and am going into work today which is even less birthday like, but I have bought cakes for the people I work with and will spend most of the day looking through the e-mails that will have accumulated in my absence and trying to do as little as possible. Tonight G is coming over and is cooking me dinner and I’m sure we’ll have a pleasant evening.

My mum dropped in last night and inspected my decorating, dishwasher and other recent additions to the household. She also brought round a present for my birthday, a birthday cake and a cheque to pay for the dishwasher! All very welcome. I might even save some of the cake and take it round to my parents’ house later in the week, but it is my favourite which is a Victoria sponge with jam and cream from M&S. Yum.

Right I’m off to open my stack of cards and eat lots of cake.

4 comments:

Soup said...

Happy birthday!! And I love sponge too, can I have some?

Random Reflections said...

Blue Soup - Thanks. Sadly I'm not in the office tomorrow or I would have dropped some off to you. It was lovely. Sorry...

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. Have another cake for me.

Random Reflections said...

LKSN - Thanks. I'm still ploughing through the cake my mum gave me and it's sooooooooooooo nice.