Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Despairing

I had another evening of domestic chores last night. I went and bought some paint to repaint my hall and then spent the rest of the evening putting my desk together. I still need to fit the drawers together but beyond that it is done. Just a whole hall left to paint…

I was talking to G on the phone last night. Last week G moved to a new place and that seems to be doing quite well and G seems so much happier now, which is good.

Last night I was thinking that there is something kind of weird about relationships and it can take a bit of getting used to being in one. It takes some reprioritising and maybe sometimes even doing some things that you don’t want to (like going to a wedding in a couple of weeks time…). But it’s a good thing and I have noticed that I feel a lot more driven to sort things out. I think that is why I have been doing various things to where I live. Starting to go out with G just made me think that I am sick of compromising and putting things off and has meant that I have become more decisive in getting things done – although it has meant that on occasion I have woken up in the night talking about lino *shakes head in despair*. I have tried to explain to G that I am not generally all that driven about sorting things out but have had a sudden burst of enthusiasm. It will wear off at some point which is why I have to make the most of it at the moment!

There are of course other good things about being in a relationship other than it giving incentive to decorate. I get my washing up done for me sometimes and G also cooks a very good breakfast. It’s to be recommended.

On an unrelated note, you may recall that I am not a big fan of google and think that it is trying to take over the world. I saw this video the other day. Let it be a warning to you of what might happen if we choose to ignore the potential of google. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

2 comments:

londongirl said...

Yay for the burst of home-sorting motivation. I get like that sometimes, and you're right, it's best to act on it while you've got your mojo.

And compromise - it's a scary idea. But relationships tend to need it, you're right. I've been single for ages so it's a bit of a daunting thought.

Random Reflections said...

Hi London Girl - yep I need to make the most of it because inertia will return!

I'm working on my relationship techniques which includes moving the conversation on beyond lino. It's a challenge but I might get there in the end...