Thursday, July 12, 2007

Look away now

I went into the toilets at work the other day to be greeted by the sight of one of my colleagues in a somewhat compromising position putting on a pair of tights. I decided to avert my eyes and not comment – there are some things that one does not wish to know about a colleague and I think you can go blind from certain sights as well. It’s a bit like looking directly at the sun, best not to take the risk because the consequences can be serious.

Last night G sent me another job application form to look at, having stayed at work until 7.30pm to get it done. I probably could have been slightly better in my phrasing when I then phoned to talk about it and my summary was basically that the font size was inconsistent and some of the paragraphs didn’t flow properly one from the other (I did say it better than that). Neither of us could quite work out what had happened but it seems that somehow that was not the final version of the form that G had spent so long working on and it had reverted to a much earlier version. There may be much last minute work to be done on it today…

Anyway, here are two interesting websites. The first is what people around the world eat. For the people from Britain, I would ask two questions – where is Cllingbourne?? Also “Favorite foods: avocado, mayonnaise sandwich, prawn cocktail, chocolate fudge cake with cream” there is something that is very 1970s about that list, but also a mayonnaise sandwich?? They’re meant to be representative of Britain, so you might want to either revise your diet accordingly or consider lodging a formal protest.

There’s also this website. Who knew tampons could serve so many uses...

8 comments:

Spudgy said...

A mayonnaise sandwich is on par with a lemon curd sandwich.....heavenly food!!

Random Reflections said...

Spudgy, Spudgy, Spudgy, I despair of you... A lemon curd sandwich I might consider if it was really fresh bread, I do actually have some in a cupboard somewhere. But a mayonnaise sandwich... *shakes head in despair*

DAB said...

Hmmmm...
...
How did you find this website?
....
Christmas tree decorations will take on a totally different meaning, no Woolworths crap for me this year....

Random Reflections said...

TF- By searching for "what else can I do with tampons because obviously it is much too boring to use them for their intended purpose and I have money to waste?"*

Woolworths is indeed going to be quaking in its boots this year and wondering what it will do with all its left over decorations.

I was slightly alarmed by the earrings that someone had designed on the site. I think that perhaps they should have used a colour other than red. Although I've seen the adverts and we all know that women's blood is blue...



*That may be a lie. I have my sources *taps nose*

DAB said...

Yes, I can see it now FT reports the drop in Woolworths share price - RED ALERT !...
...
(PS. Hope G has a good interview tomorrow, must go my porridge is boiling over. TFX

Random Reflections said...

Excellent point. I'll sell my shares and buy some in tampax instead...

Thanks for the best wishes for G, you're eating porridge at this time of night?? It's bed time for me.

DAB said...

Porridge has to be made the night before, scottish tradition!
...
A girl has to get her oats to combat PNEI.

Random Reflections said...

TF- I saw your post about PNEI. I must have a look at that more closely, looked interesting. Enjoy the oats...