Friday, July 20, 2007

Ill

I am on leave as of the end of today, which must explain why I feel so unwell. Why does it always happen when you have time off work? I think I’ve picked up a cold from my boss and have a sore throat etc I did get an accusing (but joking) e-mail from G to ask exactly what I had been doing with my boss to have got a cold from him. I denied everything...

Anyway, my feeling ill did not aid my trip yesterday and the combination of a cold, having to get up really early for the second day in a row and the atmosphere on a plane, including a bit of turbulence to jolt about my tender frame made me feel very rough. I’m not always a huge fan of flying. It’s not that I find it scary or anything just sometimes when the plane is coming into land it makes me feel a touch nauseous. I sometimes take travel sickness tables because it takes the edge off it but I couldn’t find them yesterday. By the time I landed back in London I could feel that I had broken out in a real sweat and would have quite liked to have been sick, but fortunately after getting a bit of fresh air I was ok again. Must pack the travel sickness tablets next time though.

So an early night was planned for yesterday but then I was talking to G on the phone for a while and the school round the corner from where I live seemed to be holding some event that included the playing of loud music until quite late, so it wasn’t entirely easy to achieve this.

I seem to have many things rattling round in the dark recesses of my mind to comment on at the moment but I need to get my thinking together to do so, hopefully when I am off next week I will have time to do that a bit and maybe some of it will appear here. Now there’s something to look forward to – or perhaps not, but it has to be better than me writing about lino and painting my walls. Probably.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Random Reflections said...

LKSN - Thanks. Feeling much better now, apart from an aching back from too much hard work. I'm not used to it...