Monday, September 18, 2006

Back to reality

Another weekend over and what a good one it was, seeing my nephew and sister on Saturday and then meeting up with a friend yesterday. I had a really nice day yesterday wandering down the South Bank taking in the sights and sounds and battling our way through the hordes of people who were doing exactly the same thing. But any day that involves sipping tea, eating ice cream and having dinner in pleasant company is always going to rate highly with me.

I can’t believe how good the weather has been this weekend, I thought the weather forecast had said it would rain but I didn’t see a drop. Mind you a friend sent me an e-mail earlier in the week and said how she’d been kept awake by the massive thunderstorm the night before and I just thought “what thunderstorm?”, so I’m not necessarily that reliable a source.

So now it’s back to work and I am wondering if I might end up being at my head of unit’s beck and call all day – particularly as my boss is on leave. I have to give a talk tomorrow and need today to write it, which will probably mean that I’ll end up having to do lots of other things and so won’t find the time. But I shall focus my mind on the fact that I am off to Russia next week and hope that keeps me sane. What’s the worst that could happen? *looks around nervously*

No comments: