Saturday, September 09, 2006

Some things that made me laugh

My landlady came home fairly late last night and told me that there was someone booked to view this house at 10 o’clock this morning. This was not good news as I really wanted to sleep in this morning. As it turned out, because the power had gone off yesterday my alarm wasn’t set properly anyway, so I overslept and the people couldn’t make it until 10.30 in the end. However, I am focussing my mind on the fact that she is going to be away for two weeks as of later today. I can’t wait. I must say that I was also very brave last night though and despite there being a fairly large spider in the toilet I managed not to run away screaming.

A couple of things really made me laugh yesterday. I was reading the Metro newspaper yesterday and some people had written in response to a letter a few days before where someone had asked what they could do when they heard their neighbours having sex. People came up with various suggestions, but the final letter really made me laugh. Someone please offer this chap some counselling. He wrote “I lived for years with a couple who not only had noisy sex virtually every night but also boasted about it the next day. In the end, I just had to say ‘Mum, Dad; I’m moving out...”

The other thing that really made me laugh was that I sent my monkey correspondent at work an e-mail. It was actually an e-mail about some serious work related issues. A few minutes later I got a reply and I quote it verbatim here:

“[Random] can you buy me one of these at the weekend? It’s a backpack!! Isn’t it cute?”



That was it... the entire e-mail. Not even a word of acknowledgment about the e-mail I had sent - and I just sat at my desk and laughed a lot. Anyway, I’d better go out and buy a monkey backpack - and maybe a bunch of bananas.

No comments: