Monday, September 25, 2006

To Russia, with some mild affection



It turned out to be a fairly quiet weekend, but given how tired I was after last week that probably wasn’t a bad thing. I did drop over to my parents’ house yesterday but they weren’t in, so instead I just sorted some stuff out at home and finally did a tiny bit of packing. I did also come quite close to electrocuting myself (about three times) which is just another example of the weird state of things in the place where I live.

Today I need to speak to my solicitors and the estate agent to try and sort some things out before I go away because the lease issue on the property seems never likely to come to an end at this point. I will also try and work out how to route my personal mobile through to my work mobile so that hopefully I don’t have to carry both of them about with me while I am away.

I dread to think what my landlady will do to my room while I am away. I’ll probably come back and find my room has been fumigated and floral patterns will be abounding on every fabric in sight. Still, I will return to the final countdown before she moves away. She still hasn’t found anyone who wants to buy the house, so she is likely to be in a decided panic when I get back if that is still the case. Before she went on holiday she told someone that was looking at the house that if necessary I would move back in with my parents if she sold the house before I was ready to move into my own place. This was certainly news to me – and my parents for that matter.

Anyway in about 24 hours time I will be on my way to Russia. I’m really looking forward to it and it will be good to have a break from the office. I’m back late next Monday night and don’t imagine I will be blogging in the interim, but will of course have *lots* of exciting tales to tell you when I get back. Well, maybe. The picture above is from here and with thanks to a certain cynical fellow blogger for pointing me to the site. Anyway, enjoy yourselves while I am eating caviar and drinking vodka (yuck) and trying not to freeze without my hat and gloves. Somehow I think I’ll survive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No defecting now.....safe journey

Random Reflections said...

I'll probably come back. We'll have to see what they're willing to give me in return. It might be an offer I just can't refuse...

Rachel said...

I hope that you enjoy your trip, I have always wanted to visit Russia.