Monday, September 11, 2006

Leave is cancelled

I’m sure I should say something profound because it is 11 September, but I haven’t got anything profound to say – except that it really bugs me when people abbreviate it to 9/11 or the London bombings to 7/7. Don’t know why, but it does. Actually that isn’t profound is it, it’s just moaning. Oh well. Maybe I should find more important things to be concerned about anyway.

I am, however, officially decreeing that all leave for people in my team is cancelled. One person in my team went on leave toward the end of July and hasn’t returned yet as he injured his back. Another was on leave and got beaten up in a pub and a third got rushed into hospital a couple of days into his leave because an optician discovered something seriously wrong with his eye. Obviously if people just came into work and were never allowed out then things like that wouldn’t happen.

I spent most of yesterday evening clearing out loads of paperwork. I seem to have let loads of it accumulate but have managed to get rid of a whole (recycling) sacks worth. I can’t imagine how I fitted it all into my room. However, I still seem to have as much paperwork left as I started with, which is even more confusing. Strangely I did find two Cadbury’s Crème Eggs mixed in with the paperwork. I have no idea how I didn’t notice they were there before but somehow I didn’t. Anyway, I was daring enough to actually eat one of them. Whilst technically that does mean I have eaten some of my Easter stash but as I didn’t know I had them anyway, I have actually increased the amount of Easter chocolate there is left to eat. Christmas chocolates are beginning to appear in supermarkets now, so I’d better get cracking on them.

My level of rebellion has been minimal so far since my landlady went away. I didn’t put the cat’s dishes outside, even though I was clearly *instructed* to do so. One cannot have traces of a pet being present when one is trying to sell a house. Apparently. You’d think the actual cat wandering about might give the game away, but obviously not. *thinks* Beyond that… erm… I’ve parked my car in my landlady’s parking space, but given that she isn’t going to be parking there for two weeks, that isn’t particularly naughty. So, well, that’s it apart from not instantly putting my dirty plates in the dishwasher. I shall obviously have to work on this and have wild parties or something like that whole she is away. Don’t expect too much though will you. I’d hate to disappoint.

No comments: