Friday, September 15, 2006

Do you take visa?

Hmm various things to say today. I got a letter from my solicitors a couple of days ago that said that the estate agent had told them I wanted to proceed with the purchase of the property without extending the lease. This was entirely untrue, so I had to call my solicitors yesterday and sort it out and then the estate agent to find out what was going on. I had never spoken to my solicitor before (I’d always spoken to his assistant) but he was really nice and very friendly and sort of cheeky. I quite like people who are a bit cheeky and I felt much better once I had spoken to him.

When I phoned the estate agent he bluffed a bit, but the fundamental problem was that although he did speak to me about three days ago he had *already* spoken to my solicitor (I know that because he told me he had). Even if he had instantly called my solicitor after he had spoken to me there is no way my solicitor could have got a letter out in the post to me that evening because it was late when the estate agent called me. I hadn’t spoken to the estate agent since the middle of August so basically somewhere along the line he had made something up. Anyway, my solicitor was nice and helpful and everything should be fine now. I hope...

I met up with a friend on Wednesday evening for a coffee. On the way to meeting up I had been feeling kind of down about what happened with A last week. As I left work I had felt a little bit shattered again (technically I think it is probably an oxymoron to say “a little bit shattered” but we’ll gloss over that) and for some reason I had looked at my watch and realised that it was the same time as I had read the e-mail from A last week. Somehow my brain must have subconsciously been tracking it. Strange.

Anyway, my friend asked me how I was feeling about the stuff with A and I’d explained that I wasn’t feeling all that great about it. She said “but I thought you were moving on” and I had to explain that it’s a process and you don’t just wake up one day and suddenly decide that someone, who you have always cared about very much, no longer matters to you. It’s not as though I haven’t moved on in a number of senses anyway, how I deal with stuff now is very different to last year and so on, but I sort of felt as though the question was asked in the sense of A no longer mattering to me, which is something that will never be the case. Like I said before, there is a light that never goes out.

On other matters I had a photo taken for my Russian visa yesterday. What a bad photo... Unless I normally look half asleep and I am just in denial. I wonder if they might just reject my visa application because they are so amused by the photo. We shall see, as I have a morning ahead of trying to get the visa. It will cost about £120 and work hasn’t advanced me the money so I had to go and get it out of the bank last night and will claim it back, which I am not too impressed by. You have to pay cash so I can’t even put it on a credit card. Anyway, I will turn up with the various documents I need to produce – passport, letter of invitation and so on – and hope that I can get through the bureaucracy. I haven’t got any stamps in my current passport so it will be good to have a Russian visa stamp. I’m a simple soul, what can I tell you?

I also have a meeting with someone in my team later who I think is going to tell me how miserable he is at work etc. I will have to resist the urge to say I feel exactly the same...

No comments: