Thursday, September 21, 2006

Trivial

A friend e-mailed the other day and said “I can just imagine you doing this job” and sent me a link. It probably is the sort of geeky thing that I would quite like doing. I do sometimes answer questions on Yahoo Answers, but can be rather selective about what I want to answer. I tend to avoid the ones that seem to be answering someone’s homework, like “Explain the role of symbolism in the poem “Daffodils”, giving two examples”. When I see questions like that my brain tends to think that they may not just be asking this for their own intellectual edification. If only such a thing had existed when I was at university…

Strangely a friend texted me last night to ask me to confirm a bit of trivia. I was driving when I got the text (not that I read it while I was driving) so did take about 6 or 7 minutes to go back with the answer, which was obviously pretty poor form. Maybe it is my calling though, must aim to do better though.

I now have my visa for Russia and just need to remember to take my passport when I set off on my journey. We are flying business class and the airline is running an offer where you can upgrade to first class in one direction on any of their flights around the world. Except we discovered that they don’t fly first class to Moscow. What kind of Mickey Mouse airline am I flying with, I ask you? I’m just bitter that I don’t get to turn down the glasses of champagne (what with not drinking) or get one of those fancy bed things. I shall just have to imagine what could have been.

The odd thing about the trip is that we got an e-mail yesterday to say that we might want to bring suitable clothing because we are likely to get very dirty. We have also been told to wrap up warm because it is getting cold there, particularly in Siberia. So a trip to the shops to get some suitable attire is in order I think. Whatever do they have planned for us?

No comments: