Sunday, September 17, 2006

Self-absorbed

I had a really nice day yesterday. I did a few bits in the morning and then went to see my sister and nephew in the afternoon. My nephew was as cute as ever and really know how to play to an audience. He hadn’t had his lunch time nap so when we took him to play on the slide at the local park he was really tired. He went down the slide a couple of times but when I carried him over to have another go, he just gave me a cuddle and rested his head on my shoulder and dozed instead. So cute. He must have been really tired because normally if he was at the playground he would be running about and enjoying himself.

My parents were there as well. My father seems to have got even older. I was really shocked when I saw that he had a walking stick. He is 65 years old, which isn’t exactly old, and now relies on a walking stick to get about. Mum says he is just getting more and more self-absorbed. They are having their garage repaired and apparently dad told the builders off for using too much milk. He was worried that he’d end up having to drink a cup of tea without any milk. I did point out that it is possible to buy more milk and that if he treated the builders nicely then they might actually do a better job, but all he could think about was his cup of tea.

Anyway, today I am off to meet up with a friend and then we’re going to the Thames Festival, which should be good, particularly as a lot of it is free. I do like a bargain.

No comments: