Monday, April 02, 2007

Chances



The photo has absolutely nothing to do with today's post, it just made me laugh.

As weekends go the one that has just finished was probably not one of the most exciting. I met a friend's week old baby and he was very cute, I had a chat with my sister and the friend who I was meant to see on Saturday night and other things such as that. I did realise some of the reason I feel subdued though. It’s been about 7 months since I last heard from A and there are now some changes going on at work which just make me feel that A is (metaphorically, I don’t think literally, but I’m not sure) going even further away than is already the case – although quite how someone can be any further away when you already don’t have any contact with them at all I’m not sure, but psychologically it has an impact. One can but hope that A is getting to a point where contact seems viable. There’s a nice long Easter weekend ahead which would be an ideal time to try and be civil to each other. In fact looking back at what I wrote about A just before Easter last year, I could pretty much echo that right now. It’s good to know that my life has moved on so much... (Actually I have moved on quite a lot but it doesn't mean that I no longer want to be in contact with A)

A couple of songs come to mind at the moment. First is the song “The Long and Winding Road” mainly because there is a part of me that believes that however long and winding that road is somehow one day we will end up speaking to each other again and will be on reasonable terms. Obviously I have absolutely no evidence on which to base this belief, but still I live in hope.



The other is “Have a Little Faith in Me” because in some ways that is what I would want to say to A “Just have a little faith in me that us being in contact could actually work out ok”. I’m not interested in some trauma filled contact, I just want my friend back and for us to enjoy each other’s company again.



But just in case this doesn’t work out I will also hold out the hope that tomorrow looks like a better day anyway.



That last song was “Feeling Good” by Michael Buble. Normal service will resume tomorrow. Oh dear...

8 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Van made me laugh. Can't see anything else though. Stopid work filters.

DAB said...

Random, I wish I had a magic wand that was able to make your relationship civil again with A. I really hope you find some satisfactory solution. TF

Random Reflections said...

DQ - I think there's the same problem with filters where I work too. You'll just have to imagine the songs instead.

TF - perhaps you could apply your mind to actually being able to fix this. It would be appreciated. With thanks in advance.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, let me sleep on it. I've had to glasses of red wine tonight so not thinking to clearly. TF

Pickle said...

Aw, I love Have A Little Faith In Me (it's in a fab film too).

I think it's good to still have hope, but at the same time you're doing the smart thing by moving on and getting on with your life.

Random Reflections said...

TF - no pressure but soon would be good. Put the glass of wine down and get on with it. *thinks* Please.

Teeny - Yes, it's a great song isn't it. I can't think what film it is in though, I'll have to check now.

Hope keeps people sane in even the most dire circumstances. Maybe one day it will pay off but I shall wander my way onwards regardless.

DAB said...

I've pondered your situation with A and have reached a conclusion that I do not know the answer. Believe me, issues of the heart are not easily if ever resolved Random.
...
The only words of advice I will share with you, is whatever decision you make regarding A please ensure that your head takes the lead and not your heart. TFx

Pickle said...

It's from Benny and Joon (also known as one of my All Time Favourite Films. Ever.)