Thursday, April 19, 2007

Motivation


Yesterday lunch time I was walking to another building to go to a meeting and I bumped into one of my old bosses, who was my first head of unit when I joined the organisation that I work for. It was nice to see him, despite him giving me a kiss whilst he had a mouthful of sandwich. I had to dash off though to get to my meeting and I was about to say that I’d drop in and see him but because he is actually still A’s boss I realised that wasn’t really an option.

Suddenly I just feel a bit low about the stuff with A again. I am actually basically fine about it all but sometimes it just creeps up on me and makes me feel quite sad. I’d still like A to get in touch but I guess as time goes on that is less and less likely, but as ever I still hold out hope. I woke up yesterday morning and just thought how much I’d like to give A a hug and to have a catch up. Maybe one day. I still hold out hope. Things are going quite well generally and I’m still feeling quite positive about life but this all still gets to me sometimes.

Perhaps I could do with this for my life to motivate me in all sorts of things. It seems that if you use an e-Coach you can get texts to motivate you in your life. You can be sent messages such as "What a wonderful morning! It's time to put on your running shoes and go for a jog around the park" because that is just the type of message I would want to get first thing in the morning. The article says “Fraunhofer Institute spokeswoman Susanne Baumer said on Wednesday that the "eCoach" can be tailored to meet the goals of individuals or the needs of organisations.

"For example, if I am a university and I want to help my final years (students) to study for their exams, then the messages could be something like...'60 percent of your fellow students have already read chapter 74. You have not.'"


Can you tell at all that this is a product created by a German company? It brings the memories flooding back of when I lived with ‘Evil Landlady’ a few years ago. She was German and would bark orders at me and try and motivate me by constantly telling me off for not doing things in exactly the way she expected. “Stop creating so much steam in the kitchen!“ “Get rid of the crumbs in the toaster!” “Recycle! Recycle! Recycle!” Yes it was very motivating. It motivated me to move out and never look back. Somehow I think I would end up switching my mobile off or changing my mobile number so I couldn’t be tracked down by the system and yet there is something about it which makes me wonder if somehow it would stalk me and I’d end up getting texts telling me that there was no escape and I would finish whatever the task was even if it killed me. Not that I am paranoid or anything - or need coaxing to pressure things, like still reading Armadale even though I should really have finished it weeks ago. Nope not me.

Anyway on a different note, I just thought these photos were really cute. Awww………

6 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

I know Im not A ... but hun ... Im sending you a MASSIVE hug ((( )))

And the pictures ... I love love love em ... did I ever tell you Im a monkey freak ... I collect em ... not real ones of course ... but the thing is ... fairy hates em ... so my poor monkey collection is in the loft ... but as least I have these pickies here ... I saved em to my file :-)

Thank you hunny :-)
Kisses xXxXxXxXxXx

Ps ... I love bacon tooooooo and WILL NOT give it up ... everything nowadays can kill you so I say ... enjoy it while you can ;-)

Im going to have a bacon buttie now!

Drama Queen said...

My friends and I used to do this for each other. If we were feeling low we simply texted each other and got an instance 'u r gr8, u r hot, u hav a wondeful personality etc' text message. It was great for the ego. Then I moved to Brussels and it costs me 50 cents a pop so not so into flattering friends these days. . .

DAB said...

Stand by your BEDS !
...
BIG hug comimg your way....
...
I've just eaten a family sized chocolate sponge and custard, God it was good... TF
...
PS. Good luck with the lease issue

Random Reflections said...

Maddy - Thanks for the hug. Much appreciated. The pictures were cute weren't they. I'll see if I can come up with some more monkey photos at some point. I think I would still be tempted by bacon even if it might finish me off.

DQ- You're obviously a very caring friend - as long as it doesn't cost money. I was very amused by your comment. I must find some people to send me texts like that though!

TF- Thanks for the hug from you too. Just what I needed. I hope the dessert was good, sounds lovely. I might have to treat myself some time.

het (aka quickfit) said...

those lil monkeys are really cute, I think pick me up texts are a good idea, it could be amusing ... I remember at one point my text alert was a message that said
" how dare you " every time I had incoming txts...its not quite so funny when you recieve a txt in a compromising situation...it kinda knocks you off balance a bit !!

ciao4now xx

Random Reflections said...

I think there are times when it is best to have your phone switched off - and perhaps you have just illustrated that!