Thursday, April 06, 2006

Arriving on a jet plane

Yesterday was fine, I met up with S and her husband and we had lunch and saw another friend briefly and just had a general catch up. They’re heading back to The Gambia on Friday and will be in the UK again in July so I guess we will catch up then. Because we had been out to lunch I couldn’t be bothered to have a proper dinner so I had some smoky bacon flavour supernoodles and a Cadbury’s Crème Egg. Very balanced and healthy.

Anyway, I'm off to the airport tonight to collect What Would Dana Do? and drop her off at her ex’s. It may not be immediately apparent to people that we know each other in real life but in fact we do. You shouldn’t really be surprised, as what they say is true – southerners are such a friendly bunch and we all know each other.

I am slightly miffed that she is flying on an airline that doesn’t give you free stuff when you fly cattle class, so she won’t be able to pilfer any of the little milk cartons or a slightly dry sandwich to give me when she arrives. Does she think that I am generous enough to do this for free?

The thing is that she can’t be left unattended for long periods of time, so she has to be accompanied to the airport at the northern end, supervised by a stewardess during the flight and then met at the other end. It’s one of the conditions of her release on a community order. I wouldn’t want to disclose the nature of the offence (or offences…) but maybe you should be more concerned about the silences on 30-Something’s blog than you may have otherwise been. That’s all I’m saying.

Anyway, WWDD is under strict instructions to make suitably admiring comments about my new car or she’ll be making a sharp exit from it onto the outside lane of the M25. Take that as a warning.

No comments: