Monday, April 10, 2006

Listen very carefully

Yesterday was a mixture of getting back into work mode, largely due to having to deal with various issues while I was on call, and some eating. All the calls I received seemed to happen just as I was about to do something important. Anyway, I dealt with them and hopefully there won’t be many more during the week.

Fortunately the calls didn’t distract me too much from eating waffles yesterday afternoon. I met up with a friend and we went for a chat and a cuppa and ate waffles. I had a waffle with chocolate sauce and ice cream and it was very tasty. It was my treat on the day before going back to school. Then it was time to go home and pack up my books and homework and lay out my school uniform.

One of my landlady’s sons goes out with a girl who is blind (I originally typed that as blond, which may to all intents and purposes be very similar...) and on certain channels you can get a commentary of what is happening in a programme. This function has been switched on and I have no idea how to turn it off. So last night as I was watching Invasion, a mysterious voice would appear and, sometimes somewhat inaccurately, describe what people were doing and their facial expressions etc. It is slightly strange to have this going on in the background but also operates as a bit of an ‘idiots guide’ to the programme “John takes the man away, but he’s the bad guy who was pretending to be a good guy earlier, so everybody now looks very worried”. So, if you can never follow the plot to programmes I’d recommend this. However, then Desperate Housewives was on next, and let me tell you, there really are some things that should be left to the imagination...

No comments: