Friday, April 07, 2006

Check your pockets

I went over to see my brother in law on the way to collecting WWDD from the airport. He hurt his back yesterday morning by picking up a biscuit. I don't know quite how you do that but it was a shortbread biscuit in case you want to take any necessary precautions. It wouldn't have happened with a chocolate digestive. You can't go wrong with them.

Anyway, I collected WWDD from the airport. Airport car parks are a total rip-off. I was parked for no more that 20 minutes and it cost £2.30! Anyway, practicing her spontaneity meant that WWDD was suitably enthusiastic about my car and said all the right things. I therefore did drop her off at her ex's and was rewarded with a nice dinner of homemade lasagne followed by some mini Cadbury’s Creme Eggs. So whilst it had similarities to my previous night’s meal, it was much more wholesome and tasty. There was also a very enthusiastic new dog that seemed to take a liking to me and had I not already washed yesterday I would have been very grateful for him licking my face many, many times. Lovely. He also took rather a liking to my watch and I think I should have checked my pockets better in case he had gone through my them as well.

Tonight I am actually off to the airport again, this time with my sister, as Mum is coming back from Athens and we are going to collect her. My sister is obviously a much better daughter than I am, as she has been staying at my parents' house the last couple of days to keep dad company. I have been remarkably good at keeping a low profile this week but think I will go round there later to see my sister and we'll go out and do something.

I can’t believe this is my last day of leave! It has been a really good week off but has flown by. Unfortunately I go back on call tonight so I should probably phone work later to check in but I don’t really want to.

I believe it is an important day for a certain Norfolk Broad today. I hope it’s a good day. *tips hat*

No comments: