Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

Every Easter I think back to a time when I was a child and we went to visit a friend of my mum’s. I think she lived somewhere like Sheffield. We woke up Easter morning and had to go out into her garden for an Easter egg hunt and there were loads of Cadbury Crème Eggs hidden all over the place. It was... all my Easters come at once.

A couple of years ago mum’s friend came to visit and both my sister and I were really excited at the thought of seeing her because to us she was this person who we always did fantastic things with and this usually involved food of some sort. It’s funny how people you know from when you were really young can have such an impact on you, even if you don’t see them for years.

A friend sent me a couple of Cadbury’s Crème Eggs in the post, which quite made my day yesterday, particularly as the eggs didn’t get crushed in the Royal Mail machinery. I have some very lovely friends.

Then... just as I was writing this I got summoned outside to take part in an Easter Egg hunt! My landlady had hidden some eggs in the garden so one of her sons, her daughter in law and I had to go and search for them. I have to say I was particularly successful and there were Cadbury’s Crème Eggs, Caramel Eggs and full size Easter eggs. All my Easters come at once… again…

So maybe I’m not going to get a miracle this Easter, but I certainly got chocolate.

Happy Easter

No comments: