Monday, April 17, 2006

Sugar Rush

So, yesterday was fine. It featured a fair amount of chocolate, although all I ate was one small Cadbury’s Caramel Egg. I actually have a kind of love-hate relationship with chocolate. Despite really liking it, if I eat it in any quantity, after the initial sugar rush I lose all my energy and end up wishing I hadn’t eaten it. That’s why Cadbury’s Crème Eggs are the perfect size. I have been known to leave Easter Eggs uneaten for months. I ate an Easter egg in August last year.

Anyway, I was generous enough to allow mum to cook me Sunday lunch yesterday. What with my landlady’s children being about, I just thought it easier to keep a low profile. Incidentally I find it weird that my landlady’s daughter in law calls her ‘mum’, particularly as her own mum is still alive. Maybe that’s just me?

The disturbing stories about my parents continue. I was sitting in the living room talking to mum after lunch and dad walked in and went over to the other sofa and just undid and then lowered his trousers and then pulled them back up, did them up again and sat down on the sofa. Mum asked dad what he was doing and he just didn’t answer the question. So we were kind of perplexed why he would do this. He really isn’t the clowning about sort and I just have to conclude once again that he is a very strange man. I am just hoping that it isn’t genetic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo.. Dad taking trousers down.. Scary...

Random Reflections said...

It was even more scary being there. If ever I mention doing that in public, please have me put down.

Thanks