Monday, April 03, 2006

It's all in the planning

What a relief to not be going to work this morning. I had a leisurely lie in and have a nice day ahead, as I am heading off in a bit to meet up with a friend for a chat and a wander. I think we are going to look at some caves. As you do...

I spent a lot of yesterday sorting stuff out. I went through loads of paperwork and chucked various bits away. My very small bedroom was beginning to reach a point where I was going to have trouble fitting anything else in, including myself.

I also finally booked my flight to Scotland for my holiday at the end of May. Ideally I would fly to Inverness but it is so much cheaper to fly to Aberdeen so that is what I have decided to do. I now need to sort out a hire car for the week. I do like organising holidays. I’m going to have to start to think about where to go next.

My laptop keyboard seems to be doing weird things at the moment. The latest problem is that the @ and “ keys have switched round, so you press the shift key and the number 2 and expect to get a “ but in fact get @. There are various other keys that are producing the wrong character, but only some of them. Very strange.

Oh and I realised that this week is the one when my mum is away and so she wanted me to go and stay with my father. Good planning on my part there then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, your keyboard has defaulted to the US settings. It happens to me a lot - and I don't know why either.
-At least, I hope that's what it is, and it isn't "gremlins". ( I am having "electrical goods hell" at the moment...Dante didn't foresee that one when he wrote Inferno, but it's there, believe me...*sigh*)

Random Reflections said...

Thanks for that. How odd. It somehow seems to have fixed itself. Myab the usual rule of switching it off and hoping it works when you turn it back on is the right way to deal with IT.