Saturday, April 01, 2006

And relax...

I finally made it to the end of the week and am now on leave. What a relief. However, I am now wondering if I have left a yogurt in my desk. I’m not entirely sure what happens to a yogurt if you leave it for over a week. Do they explode if they are at a reasonably warm temperature? Unfortunately my desk is locked so I can’t even phone the office and ask someone to throw it away. It will be something to look forward to when I go back to work.

I seemed to eat a lot of bad stuff at work yesterday. Because someone was leaving she had brought in lots of boxes of chocolates and somehow one of the boxes ended up on my desk (Cadbury’s Heroes) and I just seemed to guard it with my life anytime anyone came close. And then there were the muffins as well…

There are many things that I won’t miss while I am off work but one certainly is that there seems to be someone who is unable to use the toilet properly. I went into the toilets the other day and someone had sprayed the toilet seat - and with more than just urine. I didn’t want to think about quite how they had managed to achieve this but did wonder why they didn’t think to clean up after themselves. I decided to use another toilet instead.

Don’t forget it’s April Fools Day today. If someone gives you a phone message to call a Mr L. E. Fant, don’t forget to check if it’s the number for the local zoo before you call. The old ones are still the best.

2 comments:

30-Something said...

I once left a yogurt behind when I left my employers for good. Oops. Don't know what happened to it, I was too scared to find out.

There's a moral here, don't take yogurts to work; you never have any intention of eating them anyway.

I note you didn't leave any Heros or muffins behind..

Random Reflections said...

Your moral on not taking yogurts to work is wise. I did actually accidentally stab a yogurt pot that was in my bag the other day. When I got to work there was much cleaning up to do. They are not the most user friendly products.

It seemed rude not to eat all the chocolate and muffins - and the muffin had bits of fruit in it, so it was actually very healthy and good for me.