Saturday, March 04, 2006

Baby, it's cold inside

I don’t suppose you’ll need much convincing that it is cold at the moment in the UK. Really, really cold. The thing is that you would think that when you went indoors it would be warm. But nope. On the tube in the mornings it is really cold as the drivers don’t seem to think there is any need to put the heating on. I bet they’re lovely and warm in the driver’s cab. My feet are like blocks of ice when I get to work and not only do I sit there and drink a cup of tea whilst perusing the wonderful world of blogging but I also now have to wait for the circulation to return to my feet.

But you might think that getting cold feet on the tube isn’t all that unlikely, but what about when you get home from work? Don’t you expect your home to be nice and warm so you can thaw out from trekking home? Well, you’ve guessed it, with me the answer’s nope. The house I am living in at the moment is cold, cold, cold. A few weeks ago I was sitting in the living room fully dressed, with a towelling dressing gown on over the top of my clothes and sitting under my duvet and I was still cold.

A friend came round on Thursday night and he hadn’t realised how cold my house is and was only wearing a t-shirt (and a pair of trousers), so was more than a touch chilly. I gave him lots of cups of tea to warm him up.

My bedroom is generally really nice and warm, but isn’t necessarily the ideal place to be entertaining people. Although I guess it would depend what type of ‘entertaining’ I was doing of course. Anyway, as we all know, I sleep with my feet in a wardrobe so there isn’t much space in my bedroom for anything other than sleeping. Moving on…

By the way, did you know yesterday was National Doodle Day? I realise this is a day late to acknowledge it but you might be interested to follow the link anyway. For the next few days they are running an auction through e-bay of various famous people’s doodles, so if you want to raise money for charity and/ or buy a doodle drawn by someone famous then go take a look.

6 comments:

30-Something said...

There's a National Doodle Day? Brilliant. I bet employers love that. Although, EVERY day is Doodle Day for me.

An ex colleague used to interpret my doodles. It was very unnerving to have him hover over my shoulder and then ask if I needed a hug.. :-/

Did you know there's a National Go To Work Dressed As A Pirate Day? Or something along those lines.. Unless Creepy Lesbo was lying to me.

Random Reflections said...

You should have stabbed him with your biro. Then see who needed a hug...

What's special about going to work dressed as a pirate? I do that every day.

creepylesbo said...

No, it was 'International TALK like a pirate day' - I just took it to extremes. And dressed up. Like an idiot.

Random Reflections said...

Oh, that makes sense then *thinks* or maybe not...

I'm sure you looked lovely as a pirate (can a pirate look lovely?). Did you grow some stubble? And have a parrot?

creepylesbo said...

I did have a parrot. And an eye patch. And a rubber knife between my teeth. And a hook on my hand. Which made typing difficult.
You can't say I don't get involved.

Random Reflections said...

Impressive I'm sure. I'm just picturing it now.

What about a wooden leg? And did you make anyone walk the plank? Now that would be good...