Friday, March 31, 2006

All change

“We trained hard, but it seemed that, every time we were beginning to form up into teams, we would be reorganised.

I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganising, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress, while producing confusion, inefficiency and demoralisation.”


CAIUS PETRONIUS, AD66

I was in meetings all day yesterday, which included one about how the area I work in is going to be re-organised. Apparently my Head of Unit is going (which is obviously really good news) and my boss is also moving. My boss’ move will be soon and I have raised concerns about us not getting a replacement for a while (particularly as I will have to run the section until he is replaced). We have had so many changes over the last several months that to be honest it is just becoming par for the course.

I went to someone’s leaving drinks last night, which was good and it was nice to chat to various people. However, in the reorganisation the person who is leaving will end up working with is again – so I’ll be asking for the money back that I put in the collection.

Anyway, only today to get through and then I’m on leave. I can’t wait…

No comments: