Monday, March 20, 2006

Back to nature

Well, it seems that my landlady has applied for that job in Cardiff and is waiting to hear if she gets an interview. She hasn’t actually said this to me, I heard her saying it to someone on the phone. So, I’d better wait and see what happens really. I am not entirely thrilled by this news though.

I went for a walk yesterday afternoon, as it was sunny out and I didn’t want to be stuck at home all afternoon. There are some woods nearby and I went for a wander there. I wanted to sit somewhere and just listen to my radio and take in some nice views, but it was only when I set off that I realised the batteries were running out in my radio so that knocked that plan on the head. I went for a wander anyway and saw a stoat. I don’t actually know how big stoats are but this one was very small, so I think maybe it was a baby stoat. I am actually impressed that I know what a stoat looks like and wanted to take a photo of it on my phone but it ran off. Very cute though. I didn’t even know you could get stoats in London.

My boss was on leave last week but is back today which should be ok but usually means more hassle about stuff. He can be a bit of a control freak at times, although not as much as my head of unit. Apparently my head of unit has now indicated that she wants to take early retirement, so that’s sounding hopeful. I am off to Glasgow at the end of the week so at least it is only a short week in the office. In the next couple of days I have to get round to writing a talk for when I am in Glasgow as I don’t think any of the ones that I have at the moment are up to the job. Better get thinking...

No comments: