Thursday, March 23, 2006

Fierce like a (teddy) bear

Well my record of seeing famous people continues. Last week I saw Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen and Peter Andre. Yesterday on the tube I saw Michael Howard and even (accidentally) touched his elbow. I don’t think I caught anything though. You’re still more excited that I saw a stoat on Sunday though aren’t you?

Talking of things kind of politics related (that was Michael Howard rather than the stoat) there was apparently a coup in The Gambia yesterday. I have a friend who lives there and sent me an e-mail to say that she wasn’t allowed to leave work because all the roads had been shut off around the capital. On the BBC news website it said it was just a coup plot, but it seems that those in the know think that something actually did happen. I think the President took power through a coup several years back so I guess he knows that such things can succeed. I can’t really imagine us ever having a coup here though.

My latest irritation is not having received my insurance documents for my new car. I phoned my insurance company to ask where it was and they assured me they had sent it out first class on the 18th. I did point out that this was therefore an incredibly slow first class service – and whatever people may say about Royal Mail I am actually convinced it’s my insurance company who have messed up this one. He did offer to fax it to me but then I asked if a document that was not the original would be accepted by the Post Office and he said “no”, so I did point out that this was no use to me.

They are now going to send it directly to the car dealer but I spoke to the dealer tonight who has told me to phone back today and insist they send it out by first class registered post at their expense because they are legally obliged to provide the documentation. So I have to be fierce on the phone. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Just practicing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, now you've seen a stoat and a weasel...
(yes, I was more impressed by the stoat...cute wee ginger fellas *heh*
(- I once saw a weasel "dancing": they do it hypnotise their prey, apparently. I just thought he was a raver...)

Random Reflections said...

I wish I'd thought of that line about the weasel!

The stoat was very cute, Mr Howard was not.

Was the weasel trying to hypnotise you?

Anonymous said...

That Grrrrrr looked *well* fierce.

I'd be scared ;op

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm pretty sure the weasel did hypnotise me... so elegant, so weaselly...*sigh*

I love weasels.

Random Reflections said...

Now we'll never know if I would have had them quaking in their boots - or if they'd just have got out a gun and shot me.

Gripes, I'm slightly concerned by your liking for weasels. But who am I to judge?

Rachel said...

Peter Andre! Was he orange? I saw him once and he looked like he had been Ronsealed