Friday, March 10, 2006

Lightning strikes

We had a major power outage at work yesterday. There was some kind of power failure caused by lightning and all the lights and computers went off. Fortunately I didn’t lose anything very important on my computer. Sadly the power was restored after a bit and we could carry on with our work.

I was flying back from Dallas a few years ago and the plane I was about to board was struck by lightning. They did initially say that we would have to get another flight but in the end managed to restore the instrument panel and the flight left. I usually work on the philosophy that the pilot would refuse to fly the plane if he thought there was a problem with it, because if I am going to die then so is he. I am hoping that this continues to be the case when I fly to Madrid on Monday - the bit about the pilot refusing to fly a duff plane, rather than that both the pilot and I are going to die.

I do actually love thunder and lightning but didn’t get to see any of the storms yesterday.

Anyway, on other matters, here is a strange thing lurking about on the weird wide web. Take a look. Although if you are a big fan of George Bush then it’s probably best avoided.

No comments: