Monday, March 06, 2006

Back to reality

I had a really good weekend and feel as though I got loads done.

Yesterday a friend came over for lunch. She’s the person I might be buying a house with. However, she said to me that she might be applying for a job in Bristol, which would obviously rather scupper these plans. Hopefully in the next month or so we’ll have more of an idea of what is going on.

Anyway, we had lunch (roast gammon – yum) and then went for a walk in some nearby woods. I knew she was scared of dogs but had no idea quite how scared. She seems to have this radar that picks them up at a thousand paces. Dogs just seemed to emerge from everywhere and she actually climbed a tree at one point because she saw a dog, even though it was actually nowhere nearby. At that point we abandoned the walk and went back to my house.

My exciting news is that I should be the proud owner of a new car next week. Not brand new but rather newer than the one I have now. The electrics are starting to go a bit dodgy on my car. There seem to be a few strange things going on with the central locking. I was driving my car yesterday morning and the central locking operated unaided and locked all the doors, which obviously isn’t ideal if you happen to be outside the car when that happens. I know absolutely nothing about cars but figure this is probably the start of things going wrong. Once I’ve bought a house buying a new car might be harder, so I’m going to bite the bullet.

I have bought my last three cars via the same car dealer (who is actually female). She has always got me really good cars at a decent price and so I know she’ll come up with exactly what I want. The first time I saw the last car I bought was when I went to pick it up, but it was exactly what I had asked for. She does, however, live about 200 miles away so to get the car and give her my current one in part exchange we might have to meet at a motorway service station. Slightly bizarre but there you go. She’s sending me a colour chart in the post because that is, of course, the most important factor when choosing a car.

Anyway, after a really good weekend, now it’s back to work. But, a very happy birthday to What Would Dana Do. Hope you have a good day.

No comments: