Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Sight unseen

I didn’t do a lot last night. I had a wander on the internet and caught up on a bit of reading. My laptop seems to have stopped connecting to the internet properly which is rather annoying.

Anyway, a couple of updates. I no longer need to go to Glasgow as my boss is going instead. So that’s good and makes my head feel slightly less full. Not that there’s huge amounts in my head generally, which I think might explain why tunes seem to rattle around in there a lot. I have a few things to sort out this week, not least getting my new car *claps hands with glee*, so I now have a bit more time to do that. In case I haven’t explained this properly, I am picking this car up sight unseen. Maybe a weird way to buy a car but it works for me. I just tell the car dealer exactly what I want and a short time later there it is waiting for me. Apparently it is a silvery colour, which is quite radical for me.

I was also talking to a colleague at work about the stoat, as he knows about such things. Apparently it is not very common to see them and we discussed stoat sizes and it seems they are actually very small, so maybe it was actually an adult stoat. Do you care? No, I thought not.

Yesterday my landlady showed me the details of a house in Cardiff. Being a complete scaredy cat I didn’t actually say to her “So are you moving to Cardiff?” and instead we talked about how much work it might take to do it up as it was described as “in need of complete modernisation”. You see, I really do want to stick my head in the sand. Even with the evidence being given to me, and presumably all I would have to do is ask about her plans, in my mind it is better not to ask. Generally I deal better with certainties but when it comes to having a roof over my head I would just rather not think about it until I am forced to – although obviously I am thinking about it or I wouldn’t be commenting on it here. Women, we’re so contradictory…

No comments: