Saturday, March 25, 2006

Seeing is believing

So, it’s an early start and off to Bristol this morning to collect my car. I would have tried to catch up with a couple of friends while I am there but have to rush back as I am having my hair cut this afternoon. Then I’m off up to Hitchin (it’s near Luton) to visit a friend from school. She’s suffering from post-natal depression. She had the baby last July and I didn’t know you could get it so far afterwards, but she isn’t sounding great at the moment. Anyway, it will be good to catch up.

At work we were concerned that in the latest budget the Chancellor announced that they would be funding after school science clubs. So basically instead of playing sport and running round in the fresh air, they’ll be sitting in labs getting fat and probably making drugs to sell in the playground. Is there any hope for the youth of this country?

It was only recently I realised that Gordon Brown has a false eye. When I was at first school there was a boy in my class who had a false eye and we used to ask him to take it out so we could see what it looked like behind his eye. This was obviously in my less squeamish days and to be honest I think I have totally wiped from my mind what it looked like. It makes my hands tingle just to think about it.

On that note, I am off to Bristol…

No comments: