Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Giving things up

I have caught up on some sleep, vaguely regained some sanity and hopefully have a less busy week ahead of me at work now. Without meaning to sound like an old person, how can it be the beginning of March today? This year seems to be flying by.

So, it’s the beginning of Lent. I didn’t have any pancakes last night. In fact I am not even sure I know how to make them. No home economics lessons when I was at school. I have never given up anything for Lent and this year is unlikely to be any different – unless I happen to stop doing something by coincidence. Last year my old housemate gave up TV or watching EastEnders or something like that. I can’t quite remember, but she certainly got her mum to record EastEnders for the entire length of Lent. So there was probably some cheating going on there.

Mind you, what would I actually give up? I don’t drink, smoke, take drugs or any other such ‘vices’ and I haven’t even come up with a guilty pleasure yet. I probably do eat too much stuff like chocolate and biscuits but I’ve got have some excitement in my life and the sugar rush is probably about it at the moment. Hmm, so maybe I need to take up something new in the run up to Easter. Which rather defeats the point of it all of course but I am obviously in rebel mode again.

No comments: