Sunday, March 26, 2006

You don't have to be mad to be me but it helps

So, I’m now the proud owner of a new car. It’s very nice (what a totally non-descript word…) and I’m really pleased with it. We met at McDonalds and did the car exchange, as the dealer took my previous car in part exchange. I managed to escape McDonalds having only consumed a cup of tea and some strange barbecue chicken thing to keep me going until I got back to London. What was the first thing I did when I got back to London? Amazingly it wasn’t eating something, it was actually going to the supermarket, although I did grumble and sigh my entire way round the shop as I was hungry. But even with a shiny new car I still couldn’t resist going to the supermarket. It was like The Sirens were calling.

Yesterday a friend sent me some stuff in the post. As an aside, isn’t it exciting getting things in the post, well except bills and so on? I used to write letters all the time and have really lost the art of doing that, but getting letters is always really good. Anyway, there was something slightly jokey written on the front of the envelope and someone, I guess at the sorting office, had added a note to it to kind of supplement what was written on the envelope. I thought that was very odd and was kind of surprised anyone had paid enough attention to notice what it said on the envelope. At least the contents arrived safely but I will look at the postman suspiciously next time I see him.

My plans for last night actually ended up being cancelled, as my friend’s baby was ill. Hopefully we will meet up when I am off work the week after next instead. However, I managed to keep myself occupied. I spent some time amusing myself by watching the film Ice Age. This included switching the sound off the TV at various points during the film and playing some music on a CD and seeing if I could get them to fit together - so basically the CD was the soundtrack and the TV pictures were the video. It kept me amused for ages. Do you need any more proof that I should not be left home alone on a Saturday night? *shakes head in despair at self*

Oh and it’s Mother’s Day, so I am going to my parents’ house later to drive them to a restaurant my sister has booked for us to have lunch at. I have mixed feelings about this, but hopefully it will be ok. My mum is very nice, but these family things are often kind of stressful. If Mother’s Day is not one that brings you much joy either because it’s a sad day for you or because your mother was formed in the fires of hell then at least you have one less hour to endure of the day than normal what with the clocks going forward last night. See, things are looking better already.

No comments: