Saturday, March 11, 2006

Strange behaviour

I went home via Sainsbury’s last night to pick up a pint of milk and a few bits. A really drunk bloke was in the store and as he went down the aisle where all the alcohol was, he decided to smash as many of the bottles as he could. He created chaos until the security guards managed to restrain him. People are weird though, as loads of shoppers just stood there and watched while the security guards restrained the bloke like it was their Friday night entertainment. It made me feel quite uncomfortable that people were quite so voyeuristic and just stood there staring and pointing and commenting.

Anyway, I’m back on call for the next week and this morning my head of unit phoned to ask me to check something. I was actually in rather a state of undress at the time as I had just got out of the shower. Is it wrong to speak to someone on the phone when you basically have nothing on? I then had to make a few phone calls, although I did get dressed before I did that. I’m hoping I won’t get any more calls this weekend and when I am in Madrid I won’t be on call, as our pagers don’t work abroad. It would have been slightly embarrassing for my pager to go off part way through my talk, so that’s probably a good thing.

Well, here’s something that really annoys me. Geoff has been told by Transport for London to remove all TfL maps/ fake maps, images etc from his website. He is a really good chap and holds the world record for visiting all the London Underground stations in the shortest amount of time and raised money for the victims of the 7 July bombings and so on. Do TfL lawyers really have nothing better to do than browse the web looking for supposed infringements? Morons!

No comments: