Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Unimpressed

I had to work late yesterday which was irritating in itself, but even more so as it was due to someone else’s incompetence. They’d had a piece of work sitting ignored on their computer for over a week and then yesterday, the day after it passed it’s deadline, it was given to me. I spent most of the day working on it and then passed it on to someone else as it needed to go with some work she was doing, and was told that she’d deal with it today as she hadn’t done her part of the work. Unimpressed does not quite describe my reaction.

Anyway, at the moment I have a few bits of music on my computer at work and whenever my boss is away from his desk I put my headphones in and have a listen. Isn’t “Beautiful Child” by Rufus Wainwright a fantastic song? It can really lift my mood and was an excellent antidote to yesterday’s annoyances.

On the radio at the moment I am also liking "No Tomorrow" by Orson. Good song.

4 comments:

30-Something said...

Beautiful Child is a fantastic song. Means a lot to me too. :)

Random Reflections said...

You have excellent taste. That song is just great.

Now there's a song I don't mind rattling round my head...

30-Something said...

I can highly recommend Want One for further listening.

Stacey said...

Not a huge Want One fan here, sorry, but do LOVE that song! Just surfing around for posts on Rufus and stumbled on yours. Check out my new blog featuring bands and musicians which has a new entry on Rufus. Feel free to link back if you feel so inclined.
http://chewingtheclef.blogspot.com/