Saturday, January 06, 2007

Alarmed

This whole owning property thing seems to have taken over my very being. Today’s tasks are to get a quote for a burglar alarm - a chap is coming round this morning to do that. Then I need to go to the double glazing place around the corner, having unscrewed the window handles on the double glazing to take with me, to see if they can find keys for the locks. This is indeed going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack but it’s cheaper than the alternative which is replacing the handles. There are hundreds of different types of double glazing so it may be impossible to find the key, but you never know unless you try. At the moment the windows at the front of where I live are locked but I don’t have a key for the windows at the back - and there are two different lots of double glazing at the back as well, so the chap who is going to see if he can find the keys is not going to be too impressed me thinks. I am also due to have the washing machine re-delivered this morning as well and then hopefully, finally, I can do some washing. Then I’m meeting up with my mum later and we are going to look for a new sofa for me.

I only realised very recently that if you are sent money off vouchers by Sainsbury’s you can use them at Tesco, so I have been exploiting this in order to buy things for the new place. I had a £4 off a £20 shop voucher from Sainsbury’s and they accepted it at Tesco, which was rather handy. I do like a bargain. Which reminds me that I never did say how much my tube refunds came to last year. Well, it came to £104 and they also refunded £7 on to my credit card, so that is £111 back in a year. Do you see why I go to the effort of claiming for delays? That was a very nice contribution to my season ticket. Yesterday I put in my first claim for this year…

On other matters, I see that the nominations for The Bloggies have started again. I think there is only until the middle of next week to get your nominations in. This is not actually a shameless plug to get you to nominate me, by the way. Whilst, of course, I wouldn’t object, I think my chances are somewhat low and that there are others far more deserving. I will, however, be considering who to nominate over the next few days. You don’t have to fill out every category which is kind of handy as I would have no idea for some of them, Anyway, if you have some blogs in mind that you think are particularly worthy of an award, then here’s your chance to nominate them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owning property is an education LOL
I have learned to become a plummer, carpenter, electrician, carpet layer, roofer and what ever else I need to do.
Thank god I don;t have to pay union dues.

I don't know what bloggies are so I will have to take a peak at it.
Have a nice weekend :)

Random Reflections said...

I agree - I now know things about property that had never even crossed my mind before.

You really are multi-talented. I can't say that I will ever develop all your house-related skills but I think I probably at least need to know how to change a washer.

You don't know what a bloggie is? When you win, how will you be able to give your acceptance speech??