Sunday, January 28, 2007

Send help

My hair cut was pretty successful. I still have the standard number of ears and if anyone was amused by my hair cut they only laughed quietly behind my back.

The package at the sorting office was rather a disappointment. It was wasn’t a giraffe (or a baby hippo which would have been equally good). Instead it was a load of legal papers my solicitor had sent me because my mortgage lender no longer wants them. Life can be a big let down sometimes.

Perhaps I should explain that if someone ever says to me that they have a present for me, my normal reaction is to say “is it a giraffe?” which reflects a) my slightly bizarre sense of humour and b) that I see a giraffe as a pretty unlikely present and it just makes me laugh to think about how you would wrap one, particularly if you wanted to disguise what it was.*chuckles* You probably would have to be inside my head to quite see how amusing I find that and how I *never* tire of the question.

Anyway, should you ever want to send me a present, there’s a suggestion for you. I am in the phone book, although under a pseudonym obviously. It would have to be a small giraffe though because I live on the ground floor and unless I drill a hole into my neighbours flat, it would have to wander around with a permanently cricked neck if it was too tall. A baby hippo might therefore be more practical but I’ll leave the decision to you.

I managed to turn my mattress successfully on my own. If one Sunday morning I go mysteriously quiet, I am probably trapped under the mattress. So please send help.

Tonight at 9pm on BBC2 is a compilation of Louis Theroux’s weird weekend programme, where he looks back on the various people he has met over the years. I have to say that the person who win hands down is Jimmy Saville. There were other people who were very odd, but the programme about Jimmy Saville was very creepy, what with him being obsessed by his dead mother and so on - and that he was the presenter of a prime time TV programme for years. Anyway, I must try and remember to tune in tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found you by way of BlogExplosion and had to say thank you for making me laugh. I rather enjoyed this post. If I come across any giraffes, I'll be certain to look you up.

Random Reflections said...

Thanks for dropping by. I'm glad I made you laugh. Yes please do direct any giraffes my way, although I'll have to check I know what giraffes eat...