Thursday, January 11, 2007

Monkey!

I’ve had a sore throat for about three weeks now and it has started to wake me up at night. I feel totally fine apart from that so it’s kind of odd. Maybe I am allergic to hard work. I phoned my friend K the other day and it turned out that on New Year’s Eve both of us made ourselves a lemsip just before midnight . Not really your normal New Year’s Eve beverage of choice but maybe more common than you’d imagine, it seems.

When I got home last night my sister’s Christmas card had finally turned up. It was only about three weeks late. My sister had posted it before Christmas but Royal Mail damaged it (only by ripping the envelope) and they then had to put it in a special plastic wallet and take several weeks longer to deliver it. I guess it will save my sister having to send me another card this year.

Anyway, I have to admit to really liking the new PGTips advert. It had Johnny Vegas and the monkey in it! Woo hoo! To fully appreciate the advert you will need to have seen the old ITV Digital adverts and understand a bit of the history of the company going bankrupt but I love the new advert and it looks like it is the beginning of a series. It has everything - a story, some humour, a monkey, a reference to an old Oxo advert and a bit of T’pau. What more could you want?? Fantastic.



To see the ITV Digital adverts you can either track them down on YouTube or look here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that ad the other night - brilliant!

Random Reflections said...

It quite made my week seeing the return of the monkey. I actually sat there are laughed at the advert - and whilst I remember it vividly, I have absolutely no recollection of what the programme was that I was watching. I think PG Tips may be on to a winner.