Friday, January 12, 2007

Miss Babs



Just to once again demonstrate that my whole life seems to be house dominated at the moment, I went curtain shopping last night. I wandered along Oxford Street searching for curtains and found some that I thought might be up to the job in Debenhams. But I am never entirely sure if I have any taste in such things whatsoever. So I thought “what I need is my mum” and I rang her on the off chance that she might be of use. When she answered her mobile, we exchanged some pleasantries and then I said “where are you?” and she replied “I’m in House of Fraser on Oxford Street”. “Really??” I replied “I’m in Debenhams on Oxford Street and I want you to come and look at something”. How handy was that? For those who don’t know, Debenhams and House of Fraser are almost neighbouring department stores on Oxford Street. Anyway, as it turned my taste in curtains was fine and they got the seal of approval from my mum. (Should you ever see my curtains and think they are hideous, you can now blame my mother).

Yesterday I was wondering if the sale was still going through on the place I lived with obsessive landlady and so I had a quick look on the internet. It seems to be back on the market. My old landlady must be gutted and despairing of whether she will ever sell the place. She also now no longer has my rent to help her afford her mortgage and won’t be able to buy the house she wants to and will have to continue to stay in people’s spare rooms until she can. Oh dear…

I have to admit to a decided soft spot for Celia Imrie. Anything that she is in I am instantly drawn to. I just think she is really funny and like her decidedly superior tone, probably because of her appearances years ago in Acorn Antiques. I did actually see Acorn Antiques at the theatre a couple of years ago and had to resist the urge to worship at her feet. Anyway, she is in a new TV programme on BBC1 tonight called “After You’ve Gone” which I suspect is going to be atrocious but I am just going to have to watch because she’s in it. A friend is coming over so we will either have to watch it over a cup of tea or I’ll have to set the video, but Celia Imrie cannot be missed!

2 comments:

Ally Bally said...

Celia's on BBC Radio 4 at 10-11am today, and on The New Paul O'Grady Show at 5pm on Channel 4, plugging After You've Gone. Isn't she wonderful?!
xx
www.celiaimrie.com

Random Reflections said...

Thanks for the info on Celia Imrie's appearances. I'll try and listen to the radio broadcast on the internet.

I really do think she is indeed wonderful. She's the only actor/ actress who if she's in something I just really want to see it.

Nice to find a fellow fan!