Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Early Starts

I’m not back at work today (woo hoo!) as the plumber/ electrician/ gas bloke is back to wire in my cooker and fix my central heating. A washing machine is also being delivered this afternoon, and then hopefully after that I can actually have some clean clothes (woo hoo - again) I have a couple of other things to do today as well such as get a lock for the side gate. It’s not actually my responsibility to sort it out but at the moment anyone can walk round to the back of the property and I want to do what I can to minimise the likelihood of getting burgled and the freeholder won‘t do it. Paranoid it may be, but better safe than sorry. Anyway I went and spoke to one of my neighbours to ask if he would mind me putting a lock on the gate and he said it was fine and then said to me “well, security is only as good as its weakest link, so maybe you should put a lock on the gate on the other side as well”. Right. Thanks for that. Peoples’ lax attitude to security strikes me as being the weakest link here…

It’s been a busy few days anyway. My uncles and their families were over at my parents’ house on Saturday, which was nice. One of my cousins (who is seven) is really irritating though, he is a vegetarian and sees it as perfectly acceptable to say “what you’re eating makes me feel really sick” and other such lovely things. He is also just quite destructive and just made such a mess. I think he might have some kind of attention deficit disorder or he is just plain obnoxious. He was like a stroppy teenager but about six years too early. I pity his parents. He did, however, at one point say something about how he had saved my uncle from drowning. His mum just shushed him and said “Yes that is true, but now isn’t the time to talk about it” and changed the subject. What was that all about??

I went shopping with my mum yesterday and she bought me some new duvet covers and is going to buy me a sofa. I saw one hat I like but want to just look somewhere else first in case there is something I prefer. I am slowly filling the house and ordered a new bed on Friday which will be delivered in a couple of weeks’ time. It’s beginning to feel more like a home.

On New Year’s Eve a friend came over and we just had a quiet evening watching a DVD and having a chat. I talked to her about some of the stuff that has been going on of late and she was really helpful and that helped a bit. I hadn’t seen her in months and however much I might think I have things that need to be sorted out, she has much more of a messy life and my life seems a world of calm.

Anyway, on a totally different matter, this website is kind of cool and ideal for someone like me who has no artistic talent whatsoever. It is en entirely blank screen and you can draw on it as though you were Jackson Pollock. Just click you mouse to change colours. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dearsweet random,

You just reminded me... I need to buy a house.

Happy new everything - the Earth doesn't care where in its orbit we measure from. I asked.

OE

Anonymous said...

Random. I really love this Jackson Pollock website ...

What a great way to release some stress. (Something I urgently need to do at the moment. when will I learn to duck when the shit hits the fan)…
….
Anyway back to my unfinished art masterpiece…

Random Reflections said...

Overnighteditor - Well, as long as me reminding you doesn't mean that I have to pay for the house as well! I have a few bills to pay myself now... Happy new everything to you too- wise words.

TF - Glad the website helped. You don't sound as though you have had too great a start to the year. I hope you're ok and things get better for you soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Random, for you kind words, very much appreciated....TF

Random Reflections said...

TF - That's ok. I hope things are getting better. Hopefully creating works of art will at least distract you a bit.

Take care.