Monday, January 15, 2007

It gives you strength

Eating in the supermarket, apart from being something that I think is kind of odd in itself, breaks one of the rules of supermarket shopping - never go to the supermarket hungry. If you do, you either end up rushing round and forgetting things or you buy lots of things you don’t actually want because you end up kind of craving them. When I was at Tesco on Saturday I was waiting for my friend so that we could pay for our respective shopping and I noticed that one of the checkout people was having a word with a customer because the customer had eaten half a bunch of grapes while he was doing his shopping. The customer seemed to miss the point that grapes are bought by weight and so if you eat half of them, unless they put *you* on the scales and then subtract your normal body weight, there is no way of charging you for them. Or maybe he did realise that…

I bought some Guinness Bread while I was at the supermarket, which might be a slightly odd purchase for someone who is entirely teetotal, but it was on special offer and I wanted to know what it tasted like - which is like bread that has some beer in it really. It tasted ok and I think I was still legal to drive afterwards.

A friend came over for lunch yesterday and that was nice. We don’t know each other very well but we just chatted and had a pleasant time. The only concerning thing was that she doesn’t drink tea or coffee. The coffee bit I can ignore, but not drinking tea - is that even possible?? Apparently so, but I can’t help but be slightly suspicious of such people.

In other news, I have actually switched my blog over to the new version of blogger, despite having said that I didn‘t plan to move across for a while. You shouldn’t actually see any difference apart from that the way you comment might be slightly different. But it raises another dilemma - for a while I have thought that the template I use is a bit dark and could do with a bit of a refresh, but I can’t quite decided if I want to change it. Anyway, you may drop by one day and find that it has changed, if I can go through the hassle of transferring my links etc, or it may stay like this forever. We shall see. I like to keep you on your toes.

Anyway, if you’re thinking that you’re not doing very well at keeping track of your life and want to keep a record of your achievements, then here’s your chance. Of course, it may turn into a record of your failures so you might want to exercise some caution. Maybe set some more simple tasks like opening your eyes or brushing you teeth and build up to the bigger stuff like finding the way to bring about world peace. But it’s always good to have ambition.

2 comments:

Walker said...

I don't drink coffee or tea as a rule even though I do havew both at home for guests.
Now a coke in the morning will turn my crank.
:)

Random Reflections said...

You sound like a friend of mine. She lives on (diet) coke.