Tuesday, January 23, 2007

How to save a life

First day in the new job was good. The woman I manage is really nice and also intelligent - so I reckon she can cover up for all my inadequacies pretty well. Excellent. My new boss is a really good chap. I knew this already, but we walked to the station together last night and he was refreshingly honest and open about some things and we had a conversation where I didn’t have to spend the entire time wondering if I might get stabbed in the back. He also gave me some really good news about something which hopefully should come to pass in the not too distant future. I do, however, have absolutely no idea what I am doing and had to go to a meeting that didn’t finish until gone 6pm, but even so I feel as though I have found a haven from some of the madness.

When I got home one evening last week, it had been pouring with rain and very windy and the TV signal was awful. I thought maybe the TV aerial had been damaged in the wind but when I went and looked outside it was fine. I then went and moved the signal booster that is in my room at which point lots of water poured out of it, which probably isn’t very safe given that it is powered by electricity. The signal was then much better but I couldn’t find where the water had come from. After much head scratching, my friend who stayed at the weekend said that there must be a cut in the aerial cable somewhere and the water is actually coming in through the cable. So that’s another thing to get sorted. The plumber is coming back tonight to fix the broken thermostat on my hot water tank and hopefully speak to the woman who lives upstairs about what might need to be done to sort out my heating. The list goes on…

I like the new song by The Fray, which is called ‘How to Save a Life” - and an interesting video.



Oh and today should be the next round of voting in The Bloggies, although I assume it won’t come on line until America wakes up. Time to vote again.

2 comments:

Walker said...

Sounds like the new job is working out and the people you work with are competent and that makes work alot easier.

I have never seen or heard of water running withing the insulated cable but I can see how that is possible.
AND IT WAS DANGEROUS!!!!!!
Next time unplug it unless you want and afro

Random Reflections said...

Yep, I think work will be better now, which is a relief.

Your advice is noted on water and electricity - mind you I could do with a new hair style...